HTML Tutorial for Beginners: Learn HTML Programming in 7 Days
HTML (HyperText Markup Language) is used for designing static web pages. It is the most widely used language consists of HTML elements used with HTML tags, which define the different parts of the web document. Coding HTML is actually quite easy. For example, you can use HTML tags to define headings, paragraphs, lists, tables, images for creating the HTML web document.
For learning HTML you don’t need any special software .Here is what we need to create a HTML file .
- HTML text editor like notepad, notepad++, or Edit plus etc. You can use even simple notepad, but HTML editors probably will make your coding life easier as they will highlight your code that it’s easier to read , and as they have auto complete feature so they will pick up on what you are typing, so will make valid HTML suggestions.
- Web Browser : To check the output of your HTML code we need a web browser like chrome, Mozilla etc.
Do I need to be online?
You don’t need to be online to create the HTML pages and check the output. You can check output on your local machine via using browser. You need to online only when you will publish your webs pages on to the web.
Prerequisites For HTML
So before proceeding with HTMl you should have familiar with :
- You must have knowledge of using any text editor like notepad, notepad++, or Edit plus etc.
- How to create directories and files on your local computer or any ftp software.
- How to navigate through different directories for linking the HTML webpages.
- How to type content in a file and save them for publish the web sites.
- How to use images in different formats like JPEG, PNG format.
The next lesson will show you how to create your first HTML web page in less than 5 minutes.